Thursday, January 27, 2011

"...this is me... in a nutshell.....'help! i'm in a nutshell!!!'..."

...today i had a friend visit me for a few minutes... like me, she's a stay at home mother of 3... and like me, her world revolves around her kids... unlike me, she's decided to go back to college. i am sooooo proud of her... while she was here, i asked her how school was going... she started telling me about an english paper she was supposed to write, and she could barely hold back the tears. the paper was supposed to be about herself... if she met someone new, and introduced herself, and described her likes, dislikes, favorite things, etc.... she said she ended up in her truck, in tears, having a mini-panic attack.........
i knew EXACTLY how she felt!!! i would have reacted the same, if not worse!!! ...if you are a stay at home mom, you will nod your head in agreement and think, "i know!!! ...I KNOW!!!!!...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!"
why?!? because we have no clue what our favorite things are anymore!!! hobbies? free time? what is that?!?! favorite color? favorite tv show? are you kidding me?!?! and ADULT CONVERSATIONS?!? i struggle on the phone now, trying to find the right words to use besides "potty" or "night-night"...
so.... the whole point of this is... when she was telling me the story, of her reaction, and how stressful it was... i knew how she felt... and i also thought, how brave she is for stepping out of her nutshell... :)

No comments: